Sunday, September 25, 2005

GEYFH!

My Thursday “headache” had started on Wednesday, and in spite of having not much to show for it, it was still with me yesterday and a small mountain of feminax had been consumed. This is all really annoying because I went through a phase when it wasn’t too bad, but over recent months its all been escalating again. It can only think that it is indeed a case that my level of stress dictates how bad I feel in that respect – I have been trying to convince myself over the years that that wasn’t the case – bugger, it’s my own fault...

Anyway, after work on Friday I followed GVS’s advice to “GEYFH”; apropos of nothing ICQ at work is a great thing – its great for the odd bit of letting off steam, random poetry conversations, footwear discussions and in spite of what you might think actually contributes to productivity! So I did exactly as instructed in the HITW with my old work team who it was lovely to see again. Much Pinot Grigio, chips, gossip and fun later I crawled into bed in the early hours, content in the knowledge that I appeared to have banished the “headache”. Unfortunately it was just in hiding (giving me a few hours off – bless!) so having been woken up at 0530 by its insistent return plus a head packed full of stuff again (GEYFH only works for a while it seems!), I heated my lavender heat pack thing, curled up with a cup of camomile tea and went on line.

Happily the shark and my time zones coincided for c. 10 mins so we had a bit of a natter (therapy session …) before she went to bed and I then spent a good 3 hours just surfing. I wasn’t looking for anything in particular just checking out what my friends are listening to and blogging about at the moment. I also downloaded a trial voice dialling program for my beautiful PocketPC so I can get my “7 of 9” style Bluetooth headset up and functioning in a totally hands free way. Currently I can only use it to take incoming calls when I’m driving and still have to make outgoing calls by pushing buttons on the handset - which is not of course legal ... I then realised that the day had pretty much kicked in and considered the things I needed to do that day.

Well, the brain presented me with the list but my body was unable to comply so I took some more Feminax and spent yesterday pretty much as vegetable, curled up with my lavender pack. I did manage to rustle up some lunch, which was followed by Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy on DVD; I actually nodded off at one point during this, though I don’t think I really missed anything as it was all a bit disappointing to be honest. That was followed by Ant and Dec (I do love them dearly the lovely little boys, but you can tell that I must have been feeling really bad to be watching Saturday night TV!). I then had a spot of dinner and watched another DVD – Robots; this one I really enjoyed and didn’t fall asleep, though TH did. Wonder when our time zones are going to coincide …? Anyway, an early night followed and an early morning dawned with the “headache” gone. I feel like BloominJools again. Thank the Lord for that!,

However, the upshot of a damn lazy day is that the weekend’s chores now all need to be crammed into one day. Argh! So, I breakfasted while sorting through what looked like a decade’s worth of unopened post and created a huge bag of stuff to take to the recycling centre, I had a happy 10 minutes leafing through the latest Lakeland Plastics catalogue and sorted through the mountain of telephone directories that seem to have accumulated somehow. It was in the process of doing that that I found a CD that I’d been looking for (Rustavi) and I’ve now stalled on the jobs that need to be done because I decided that as I’d found it, I should rip it into iTunes before I mislaid it again. I did that, and listened to the whole CD while I was at it, but then got side tracked ripping some other CDs I hadn’t got round to doing. So ever the "time and motion queen" I thought I could do my blog while all that was going on – that’s a good use of the time isn't it?

So, happily through blog and music listening, GEYFH status has been achieved once more which means that the shopping list, shopping, ironing, sorting out my company pension situation and union membership lapse (I was sure I’d sorted that out, but apparently not …) will have to wait until the pile of CDs has gone down ...

The menu (new feature – I’ll only mention it if it was particularly yummy!):
Lunch: feta, tomato, olive & basil salad made with deliciously “tomatoey tasting” home grown tomatoes
Dinner: spicy vegetable fajitas (the tortillas were proper corn ones – hurrah a naturally wheat free meal!)

2 comments:

jazzshark said...

LOL - IIRC, PSUJYBMTD, IMHO, YMMV. ISTR.

TTFN

SBS
x

;)

(steve using shark's login, as I haven't got a blogger account)

Bloominjools said...

OK - so there were too many initials!!! I'll stop now ...

BFN

BJ

Oops!