Saturday, August 20, 2005

Why is it ...

… that when you have the opportunity to have a Saturday morning lie in you flippin' well wake up at the time you’ve been struggling to wake up at to go to work?  It drives me mad!  I came back home from Edinburgh late Monday night and had to go back to work Tuesday morning.  Bad planning I know, but what with one thing and another I haven’t got enough leave to take any more time off.  To be honest if I had taken the Tuesday off the temptation to spend another day in Edinburgh rather than be sensible and use the day to sleep, do washing, sort out the mess that always ensues after a few days away living out of a suitcase, would have been far too great I’m sure.

So there I am, bang, awake at 6.45am.  Now I don’t mean just gently coming round with the capacity to drift in and out for a couple of hours in that lovely way you can on a Monday; no I mean BANG! I’m totally awake and there is loads of stuff in my head that I should do.  So here I sit, a hive of industry, in my lovely living room in my favourite arm chair – the one by the window which means I can gaze at the view periodically.  I have backed up my work laptop (haven’t done it since I started the new job 6 or so weeks ago – bad Jools!), read a few of the regular blogs I now read – bassman, the Marquis, Richard Herring (on the recommendation of jazzshark – go on girlie, get your website and blog going!) and am writing my own Blog – obviously ....

The peace has now been shattered by TH getting up and promptly putting on the TV – it’s always on, even when there is absolute rubbish on (much of the time in my opinion), though when the rubbish is on, the TV is often on with the sound turned down.  WHY???   Well, I guess I had an hour and half to myself …  

I really want to post some nice words on bassman’s forum about his Ed show, but for some reason I’m having a confidence crisis about posting them publicly.  I could do it fairly easily by e-mail – to him personally – but the thought of putting my thoughts on his site and people I know reading them is spooking me.  I know I’m doing a blog – but no-one I know knows it is there!  Or do they …?  Why is it I’m struggling with it I wonder?  What I’m going to do is to type an e-mail to him and then at the last minute fox myself and by cutting and pasting it into his forum instead of sending the e-mail …  I wonder if I’ll be able to pull the wool over my eyes?

I’ve just realised that I haven’t even mentioned Ed yet.  That was what I meant to write about but today’s post is already boringly long so maybe I should re-group and do it at the dawn of crack tomorrow.  Its Sunday after all, which means I’m bound to be awake really early plus TH will be off hitting a small white ball with various long sticks so I’ll not be trying to do it through the sound of the TV.  Sounds like a plan to me!
    

No comments: