Friday, August 12, 2005

So, Edinburgh!

What have I been doing all these years to be going to Edinburgh for the fringe for the first time at my age? I think I wouldn’t have been ready for it actually – Bloominjools bloomed late I fear! As it is, I had a fab time. As expected I ate badly (for my own constitution anyway), drank far too much gin and white wine (even by my own fairly extensive standards) and had far too little sleep – ie. after 3 hours sleep - BANG, I was awake! Maybe I was scared of missing something? Even if that something was falling over a newly arrived visitor’s body in the hallway on the way to the bathroom! Either way I passed some happy early hours alone sweeping the kitchen floor and clearing up from the night before (I know – how sad is that? But as you’ll see in future post, I get excited about sorting out my earrings …!) Anyway, I saw several barmy shows, took in some great music, had some quality time to myself and can’t wait to go back next year!

No comments: