Friday, August 12, 2005

Edinburgh: 11th merges into 12th

I arrived at Edinburgh airport at 10pm having behaved badly on the plane with the 2 other women in my row.  I guess you could say that “lushes” find each other out; Lord knows how they would have coped with a person in the 3rd seat who was a bit straight! As it was we all ended up with loads of bottles of vodka and wine from an air steward who was obviously on his last trip for a while and was needing to clear out the store cupboard.  We were fairly loud and giddy and I’m sure quite irritating to those other travellers around us - SORRY!  So, I having landed, I texted BigBuzzard and Jazzshark to say “I’ve landed”, and headed off to the loos to get changed into something suitable for “The Cave of the Naked Calf”.  I don’t know if what I wore was suitable, but it was better than the sensible suit I’d had on for meetings at work during the day  Either way, someone complimented me on my frock in the early hours so it can’t have been too wide of the mark ...

Cabaret was followed by “Shaken N’ Stirred” at The Gilded Balloon.  Well, I realise that now, but at the time I didn’t have a bloomin’ clue where I was!  I was awash with white wine and good company and basically just wheeled my luggage wherever I was instructed …  (Secure  in the knowledge that BigBuzzard and Jazzshark were nurturing me through my first Edinburgh trip).  After the Gilded Balloon there was a hectic cab ride “home” followed by cheese on toast, more wine and lots of nattering.  I think we headed off for bed c. 5am?  Not sure to be honest, though Jazzshark and I talked and laughed for quite some time after that.  This was the night that Jazzshark’s “lie down” was born – look out Edinburgh 2006, she’s going to clean up!  
    

No comments: