Monday, September 04, 2006

Ugh ...

I’m really not very good at being ill … But ill I am … But, that’s the thing, I don’t feel ill. As long as I stay lying down. I feel great (if not VERY tired) lying down, it’s the sitting up, moving around thing that makes me not well. It started on Sunday morning and the most irritating thing is that I didn’t get to go walking, I had great plans this weekend – lets hope I’m back on form next weekend instead … I woke up with a headache (which had been there the day before too), so made to get up and grab some painkillers again (all I had was some Feminax but in spite of their ineffectiveness I still figured I’d give them a go). Well, I sat up and everything went “whoosh”. So I lay down again. Much better down there … I kept trying, but nope – “whoosh” and falling over was the result everytime. BBW brought me loads of food and water, helped me shuffle to the loo and set up the TV in my bedroom so I didn’t have to move anywhere. I watched so much rubbish on the TV its unreal – I was almost enjoying it by the end of the day which was when I knew I had to turn it off …

Today was a bit better, I’ve shuffled about pathetically and worked from home lying on the bed with the laptop propped up on my tummy and knees. I finally had a visit from a Doctor (the surgery had suggested I walk to an appointment, but I explained that it was all I could manage to make it to the flippin’ loo), he confirmed my self diagnosis of a Labyrintine Viral infection which explained my desperate tiredness and the falling over thing.

The prescription was Stemetil which, having looked it up,blocks a variety of receptors in the brain, particularly dopamine receptors to stop them becoming over-stimulated, thereby helping to control psychotic illness. (!!!) They are also used to control symptoms such as nausea and dizziness which are caused by inner ear disorders. (Phew!)

So, I’m going to take it easy (in between doing some work from bed – I’m too damn busy to be ill!), drink lots of fluids and wait it out. Apparently it could be gone tomorrow, or it may still be here in a week or two weeks … If its still here in a week, I have to get the doctor back. Fingers crossed not eh …?

No comments: