Saturday, September 02, 2006

Spend, spend, spend …

I’ve now got most of my walking clothes. I've got 1 final pair of trousers on order (there was only one pair of extra small trousers in the shop, and whilst I’m doing very well at planning my “packing light” I really can’t go away with only one pair of trousers! I’ve also got my “base layer” on order – again, they needed to order in some small ones.

It’s all lovely feeling stuff – a far cry from the tweed plus fours my Mum made me for my Duke of Edinburgh’s award 25 years ago and a long way from my old Damart thermals …

But, thank goodness for The North Face sale! Its an expensive old business and I haven’t bought any new shoes this summer, so I’m tring to get my kick from the trekking stuff! Vapour wick, UPV 40 protection, quick drying etc. Its all so much more exciting than 3 ½ “ heeled black supple leather ankle boots … If I keep saying it, it’ll be true!

No comments: