Saturday, September 09, 2006

New toys normally raise a smile ...

But nope ... I'm really rubbish at being ill. I've lost pretty much a whole week with this labyrinthine thing - now happily shortened to 'vertigo' by a different doctor who sent me home with a flea in my ear for having tried to work from my bed rather than simply taking it easy as I was told to in the first place ... Thoroughly chastised I finally turned off the laptop on Thursday!

I'm feeling much better now, but boy have I been fed up. I haven't even been up to enjoying new toys - until today that is! I got 2 new toys this week (phone and camera) and am only just getting stuck into the first one now.

My new phone is lovely, and I'm typing this post on it using its lovely qwerty keyboard whilst sitting in a pub, sipping a rather nice NZ sauvignon blanc, waiting for my date. Its lovely - the phone I mean (pub's ok too). I'm all synced up on both the home laptop and the work one, I've got Magical Trevor installed as my ring tone and I'm about to install the lovely Pocket Breeze for WM5. Hopefully my mini SD card will arrive on Monday; 1 gig, complete with usb card reader for #30 - can you believe that price? Memory has really come down since I last bought normal SD storage! Anyway, once I get that I can get my MP3s on it and I'll be ready to rumble!

BTW, I think I'm sat in people's usual seats ... Getting daggers looks at the moment. Tough, I was here first and I'm entitled to space as much as the next person - just because I'm on my own just at the moment.

Anyway, I digress ... The phone is lovely, and I'm sure the camera will be too. I have no idea what I'm talking about with cameras, but I hope I've got a reasonable buy... It’s a 6MP camera with zoom of some description - 3 x optical and 2 x digital though at the moment I'm not entirely sure what that means... I got is because it promised to be a good "point and shoot" option, but there still seem to be a lot of settings to work through and understand even for someone supposedly non-technophobe like me.

Ah well, once I've set up the phone exactly the way I want it I'll turn my attention to the camera beyond setting the clock which I did manage to achieve fairly simply! Stuff like flash levels, saturation, contrast, focussing, exposure etc will have to wait until they have my full attention ... Took a couple of pictures of my feet whilst lying in bed (been in bed all week and its sooooo boring ...) which looked sharp, colourful and generally OK without doing anything complicated, so hopefully it won't be too difficult to pick up and it will really be my Peru point and shoot!

No comments: