Tuesday, August 29, 2006

5 days

I just had 5 consecutive days off work. Trouble is, it took me so long to wind down, that by the time I had it was a real struggle to wind myself back up … Note to self – 7 days would have been better!

What better way to wind down that go and be looked after by Mum – only I’m not very good at being looked after! We had a nice time looking after each other though.

Mum and I went out of a scoping mission to Millets to look at rucksacks – shopping with Mum is shopping with Mum! We also stopped off at the new “gallery” in Mum and Dad’s town. It was quite good actually. Nice little “Designs for life” exhibition downstairs, showcasing local furniture designers and a Photographic exhibition upstairs with a great picture which was curious to begin with and which I loved once I read the title – "Dave, Party, Lincolnshire". We laughed! Mum ended up joining the mailing list and has resolved to go back – even dragging Dad in if possible, but knowing that its fine for her to go in on her own.

I cooked on Saturday night – lots of food, lots of wine …

Sunday we headed out for another walk. A lovely walk along the Norfolk coast with a picnic on the beach with just a hint of the sea miles away! BBW will get to walk next to the sea yet …

I also ordered my new phone … I was actually going to terminate my contract, having discovered that I could get a better deal elsewhere, plus get my new phone for only £49.99. Now I didn’t really have £49.99 but my current phone is really starting to sag – it goes slow at the drop of a hat, has been dropped and scratched etc and I figured that even though I couldn’t really afford £50 at the moment, better to get it now at that price than miss it and then not be able to get something I wanted when my current phone went belly up. Well, having explained why I wanted to terminate I managed to change my tarrif so that I get 220 minutes and 200 text per month more that I do currently for £10 less, PLUS, PLUS!!! MY NEW PHONE as a free upgrade. Was I excited or what? Still haven’t received it yet. Its on back order. But it’ll be great when it gets here! New toy – hurray!!

No comments: