Saturday, October 22, 2005

What a lazy day.

The shopping is done, 3 loads of washing are done – although half of that had to be done at the launderette as the washer (which we only seem to have had for 5 minutes) started emptying water all over the floor during the washing cycle.  Lunch was made and I even got as far as considering my next move on the Pension front - I haven’t actually signed any paperwork yet but at least I’ve read it …  

Then round about 5pm I kind of ran out of steam and I’m afraid I abandoned thoughts of wading my way through the ironing and decided to treat myself to a luxurious soak in the bath with my favourite Fenjal bath stuff, candles, a spot of music and a glass of Cabernet Sauvignon.  It was a thoroughly decadent half hour and happily managed without reaching the pruney stage.  The trouble with a soak in the bath however, is that I never manage to get going again.  Consequently I’ve spent the evening curled up in my jim jams watching Strictly Come Dancing and thinking that if Jim’ll Fix It was still on, I’d write in and ask to be able to partner Anton Du Beke – but then I never got to get dressed up and sit in one of the boxes on The Good Old Days which is what I wrote and asked to do last time (I was young!!), so chances are I wouldn’t get to get dressed up and dance with Anton either …  

Any road up, the pile of shirts that’s still there waiting to be ironed is just going to have to wait until tomorrow morning …

Night, night.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

'ironing'?? what is this ironing of which you speak? I've never encountered such a thing...

Bloominjools said...

I can well believe it! ;-)