Thursday, October 06, 2005

Hold up!

They really do! The last time I encountered hold ups they really were a case of fall downs ... However, two things appear to have happened since my last experience

  1. My legs must have got fatter (for those who know me, yes honestly!) and

  2. They use a much better rubbery stuff at the top which clings to the skin. I'm sure that previously it wasn't as clingy, because last time I tried them my usual immaculate presentation (I wish) was marred by my Nora Batty ankles!
I have an unfortunate history of falling down underwear as it happens. The "fall downs" as mentioned; the garter I wore the day I got married. I could feel it slipping as my Dad walked me down the aisle and by the time I got to the "almost" TH it was in fact round my ankle; and the embarrassing episode of the “bra-less strap” I wore to an 18th birthday party many moons ago. Suffice it to say, I was wearing a loose cropped top and was partaking in a fairly vigorous demonstration of the twist. Next thing I know, I've got an interesting new belt. Everyone saw, so there was nothing to do but unhook it and chuck it in with a pile of handbags. It’s not like I had anything that needed holding up anyway!

Either way, my record on the falling down undies front has been much better of late and I'm pleased to say that there is no sign of falling down today. In fact they're holding up magnificently under the pressure of charging around to get to the station for the 7.39 and the subsequent stamping of feet when I arrived with 2 minutes to spare only to hear an announcement that it had been cancelled ... Aaarrgghhh!

No comments: