Friday, November 25, 2005

Don't you love a list?

So, I'm all packed then, in spite of the mother of all headaches for the last 2 days – serious interrupted vision in the left eye, accompanied by numbness on the same side of the face and a serious case of slurring of the words.  You could tell it was bad because I haven’t had a drink in days and I didn’t even manage to get excited about my new work phone – a new toy to play with for goodness sake!  Anyway, here comes the list:

  • A bag of boots, well the ones I wear regularly anyway, actually that's pretty much all of them if I think about it (!);

  • a case of clothes;

  • a case of stuff like towels, bath mats etc;

  • a box of items for the kitchen - I do love to cook, so it would be disastrous if I didn't have my favourite knife or vegetable peeler with me for example;

  • a Jools start-up general cleaning bag;

  • bag of toiletries and make-up bits;

  • my laptop - be warned, I have no broadband connection, so any AIM will be via dial-up I'm afraid (How will I cope? Does is work on dial-up?).  Whatever I guess, it’s there for watching DVDs or indeed just noodling on the computer;

  • a big bag of books :)

  • and some ornamental bits from a creating a comfort zone perspective.
Oh, and did I mention my new DAB radio?  I'm very happy about this. There is no TV in my temporary flat, but I'm not that fussed really. OK I'm going to need GM to record Strictly Come Dancing and Lost for me, but to be honest I've not watched much TV in such a long time that I've kind of lost track of what's on at the moment. Chances are I'm missing a great BBC drama or something, but then I've been missing some great live theatre over the years and have definitely missed some good stuff on the radio, so I'm going to make up for it now!  I fired it up last night and have already pre-programmed some channels – I shared the inaugural listening moment with DAB aficionado BBW and I’m now raring to go.

I’m also up and running on Skype now – I’ve had it for ages but didn’t know anyone else who was on it so haven’t ever used it …  I’ve got 3 contacts now, but as I mentioned above, no broadband anymore!  Damn.  I’ll be able to talk before 0900 and after 1730 UK time, so I’ll keep an eye out for my contacts and if you keep an eye out for me, we might be able to squeeze in a natter before I start work or before I wend my way home.  

Any road up, tomorrow is a new day and a big big change.  Watch this space and keep in touch.

1 comment:

jazzshark said...

good luck x